10.26.2007

I like analogies...

And this one is smart. And for the guys.

...since when did "trusting God" mean "do nothing?" We're all rather attached to eating, right? But do we sit at home waiting for meals to come to us? No, we work to purchase food. Similarly, if you want the job, you apply for the job. If you want to get involved in your church, you show up at the small group. And if you want to get married, you take initiative with members of the opposite sex by building healthy relationships with them and... pursuing.

...if you want to get married and the Lord has clearly (or possibly) put a godly woman in your life, do something about it.

2 comments:

MaLady said...

Yeah, I told my brothers the same thing when they got old enough to be thinking about it.

Really, it is a blessing for the good guys to make their interest known - they have more of a reason to be confident than the rest and it is difficult and painful for a single gal to wade through the bad ones...


I came to my conclusion by thinking back and realizing that this cool guy (whom I thought was intimidatingly awesome and who to this day remains concerned for my well-being) was probably a lot more interested than I could discern from his actions at the time...honestly he would have been preferable to pretty much everyone else who vied for my attention back then.

Ma Lady

Anonymous said...

Good word, friend! I can definitely commiserate as I have noticed a single, young man who barely acknowledges my existence. What a crazy position to be in, since we can do nothing about it. I completely believe and love the fact that the guy is the one who should pursue, but sometimes it totally stinks because they are a little slow on the uptake.